Christine has designed, digitized, embroidered and custom quilted this magnificent, contemporary quilt.
- The designs sew out flawlessly in brilliant colors against a background of chocolate dupioni silk.
- All embroidery – no applique – just wonderful shading in beautiful rayon threads.
- It would make a wonderful wedding gift!
- The center panel is embroidered on a single piece of chocolate colored Dupion silk, 54″ x 54″; then the borders are added and embroidered.
- There are only 8 thread colors used in the designs.
- The help file includes color charts, photos, a list of fabric requirements and step-by-step instructions to enable you to complete the quilt.
- You will use templates and alignment crosses to help line up the designs.
- The designs are grouped and/or split to fit several different hoop sizes.
- The designs have been sized for the Bernina 830 hoop.
- The designs, where appropriate, have been split for the Pfaff Grand Dream hoop and the Husqvarna Viking Majestic Hoop.
- The designs can be sewn in Large hoops: Bernina 830, Brother PR600, PR620, Innovis 400D Quattro 6000D, Babylock Ellisimo, Elegante 2, BMP8, Singer Quantum XL6000, XL5000
- They can be sewn in Medium hoops:150×240 HUS; 160×260 PES; 200×240 JEF (Janome M1); 140×200 Janome B Hoop; 145×225 ART; 140×225 VIP; 140×240 XXX
Working with Silk We discovered this as the best way to handle silk.
- Iron a light weight fusible interfacing to the back of the silk before cutting and embroideryÃ¢â‚¬â€Sheerweft Fusible Interfacing, or Vilene 3205 Medium Light Woven Fusible Interfacing.
- Use 1/2Ã¢â‚¬Â seam allowance.
- Put silk in a plastic bag in the freezer overnight and allow to get cold before embroidering and sewing. This will make the silk handle better.
- Do not steam iron! Dry iron only.
- Hoop 1 layer of Tearaway/Washaway stabilizer.
- Mark the position for the design on your silk and baste in the hoop.