This is an example of tradtional Assisi Embroidery an oak and acorn motif.
- Assisi embroidery originated in 13th-14th Century Italy, in the town of Assisi, home of St Francis and St. Clare, patron saint of stitchers.
- The background is filled with cross stitch, while the oak motif is outlined in backstitch, with additional detail.
- The oak design is provided in the following sizes: 130, 140, 150, 200mm (5, 5.5, 6, 8″)
- This design is very effective if you repeat it four times, for the front of a tote bag.
- View design details…metric